Thursday, September 24, 2009

sickness continued ( movie marathons )

SO as seen from the previous post before Im pretty darn sick. I've got medicine now and Im praying I'll be better by Saturday because I need to work and I want to go to Hannah's Quincinera. In the meantime I've been watching movies. Mostly Disney Classics, Pete's Dragon, Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood, Peter Pan, The AristoCats, Pinnochio and so forth.

But Dylan just brought home 17 Again. I didn't expect it to be very good, but I LOVED IT!!! It was SOOOOO funny, but it was also a very sweet story that made me cry.

So as you all know the story is of Mike O'Donell ( who was a basketball star in 1989 at his highschool, married his highschool sweetheart) who has managed to grow old and ruin his life pretty much, his wife is ordering divorce and his kids want nothing to do with him and his career is down the drain. Its not that he's a druggie or is abuseful or anything, he blamed his wife for all of his failures and his kids dont like him very much. Then he gets transformed into his old self and gets a chance to be 17 again and make better choices.

The great part is his best friend Ned- who is basically Dylan in 20 years- this completely dorky video game player who's a genius but is obsessed with things like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and pretty much any other movie every made and he's a millionaire. He's HYSTERICAL.

ANYWAY, Ned pretends to be Mike's father and enrolls him in the school. There were so many funny quotes and sweet moments.

So I was going to ruin the funny and sweet moments for you...but I think that you'll have to see it for yourself. :)

just a heads up this movie is rated PG 13 for language and brief sexual reference.

but just the same it is a really sweet movie. :)

Hoping and Praying that I'll see you soon

Kylie

1 comment:

  1. Lotr rocks the house.
    What IS it with Efron and basketball? Great Scott.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors