Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving at the Smith House :)

So my Dads side of the family is large. Every year we try to get together as many people as we can to celebrate Thanksgiving. And we host it at my house. This year there were 20 of us eating (plus baby Eleanor. :D ) It was a big meal.
Oh yeah the table was set all through the middle of our house. It was a blast. I mean, does that not look like a party right there? :P
Not to mention the house smelled AMAZING....we had so much food...plus SEVEN PIES...its the day after and we still have half of a pecan pie, half of an apple pie, one piece of toll house and a full pumpkin pie. Oh yeah. It was crazy...Not to mention Popop's coconut cake...YUMMMM.... Yes the feast with all my relatives was incredible. Just eating and talking and laughing and being a family. :)
The table was beautiful thanks to Kiera...She decorated with this cool pumpkins and gourds Mimi gave her. And she made an amazing runner down the middle of the table with her mad art skillz. But you know what thanksgiving is really all about? We've been given so much. Life, love, happiness, a free country, a savior. God continues to show his love for us in miracles all the time.
Like this little one.
Baby Eleanor... my cousin Danny's daughter. He and his wife's first child. She's not even two months old yet...and let me tell you she is precious. You know when you see a child so beautiful you just want to have one and hold it forever? Yeah. I totally had that moment, when I saw Baby E for the first time. :)
Look at the daddy with his daughter. AHHHH I just love it so much. I love life. I love friends. I love love. And I love my family. My parents. My God. Being able to communicate with people across the world. I love babies and shopping and christmas and gifts and presents and bows and misletoe (whoa...maybe not...) and movies with friends and laughing til I cry and big bear hugs and pajamas and a warm home and a free country.

Lots of Love. :D hahaha I hope you all had as brilliant of a Thanksgiving as I did.

2 comments:

  1. I want to have a family Thanksgiving sooo bad! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. No mistletoe. Not even the right holiday... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors